June 13 - August 21, 2009 (dates and times vary)
Recreational swim for all ages. American Red Cross certified lifeguards are on duty. Swimmers may only use U.S. Coast Guard approved flotation devices. Food, drinks, and smoking are not permitted in the facility. Children 6 years and under must be accompanied by an adult or an older responsible person.
Lap swimming is also available at selected pool sites. Lap swimming offers an opportunity for swimmers 18 years or older to work on aquatic conditioning and endurance. Experienced staff will be available to answer any questions regarding swimming.
Dates & Times
- Afternoon Mon-Thurs 1-5pm (offered at all pools, Woodhead Pool hours are 1-4pm)
- Evening Tues & Thurs 7-9pm (offered at all pools except La Sierra, Norte Vista & Reid Park)
- Saturdays 1-5pm (offered at all pools)
- Arlington Park Pool - 3860 Van Buren Blvd./Magnolia Ave.
- Hunt Park Pool - 4015 Jackson Ave./Garfield St.
- Islander Park Pool - 3794 Mt. Vernon/Big Springs Dr.
- La Sierra High School Pool - 4145 La Sierra Ave.
- Norte Vista High School Pool - 6585 Crest Ave.
- Reid Park Pool - 701 N. Orange St./Colombia Ave.
- Shamel Park Pool - 3650 Arlington Ave./Brockton Ave.
- Sippy Woodhead/Bobby Bonds Pool - 2060 University Ave./Kansas St.
- Villegas Park Pool - 7240 Marguerita Ave./Washington St.
Daily Recreational Swim Fees
- Ages 0-17 $1 Residents, $1.50 Non-Residents
- Ages 18-59 $2.50 Residents, $3.75 Non-Residents
- Ages 60+ $1.75 Residents, $2.50 Non-Residents